A great way to get exposure is to appear on other people’s blogs – but where do you find blogs to appear on? There are a lot of bloggers looking for authors to interview (or guest post), but as an author they’re sometimes oddly hard to find unless you know someone who knows someone…so I wanted to share a few that I know about and I ask that you do the same in the comments.
- Simon Goodson’s The Seventh Question: Six Questions, with the seventh being a question you get to ask yourself. Open to all but he prefers sci-fi/fantasy/speculative fiction.
- Dan Alatorre: Choose ten questions from a list of forty. Open to everyone.
- BookGoodies: Fill out the online form including links and several questions. Open to everyone.
- I Smell Sheep: Contact them about a guest post or interview. For paranormal/comics/sci-fi/fantasy/speculative fiction. (If there’s a hot dude in the story, even better!)
- Awesome Gang: Fill out the online questions. Open to everyone.
- Morgen with an E: There are a LOT of options here! The content that you submit must be PG (this does not mean your books, just what you write for her blog). Any genre authors welcome.
- Wicca Witch: She’s on hiatus until January but when she’s back she does interviews and book reviews. Paranormal, romance, sci-fi, fantasy, speculative fiction, mysteries and thrillers preferred.
- Zig Zag Timeline: Interviews, cover reveals, etc. All genres except erotica.
- Sallie’s Book Reviews: She will send you the questions with your post date in an email. Cont. romance, paranormal, fantasy. mystery, poetry, historical romance and suspense.
- Amaranthine Night: my own blog. I do author interviews or character interviews. All genres welcome.
- The BIG List by Lisa Williams: Here is a list of 100 bloggers who do interviews. It opens as a google doc, but you can download it as a pdf etc.
Since the last link is a massive list, I’m going to stop here, but you shouldn’t! What interview opportunities do you know about? Please share them in the comments below!
my blog is always open for guests… 😉 Character or writer interviews always welcome! 😀
And I know Barb accepts most genres 😉 She’s a great interviewer! (yes, I’m biased, LOL!)
I accept all genres – as long as it’s fiction! 😉 I’m going to try a few of those you mention, thanks for the list! 😀
Reblogged this on MorgEn Bailey's Writing Blog and commented:
Some great places for self-published authors to get promotion (including mine). 🙂
Thank you for the mention. It’s appreciated.
And I’ve added your home page to my https://morgenbailey.wordpress.com/links/other-writing-related-wordpress-blogs list.
I do occasional author interviews on my blog, and my friend Pat Bertram does them on one of hers. Here’s the link: https://patbertram.wordpress.com/
Does she have a genre preference?
Not that I’ve noticed. I’ve seen everything from my own work to memoirs to mysteries to scholarly works and even YA novels. She also does character interviews too, I think.
Ahhhh! As I have tried to say three times now, Rami is also an awesome interviewer! 😀
I second that! 🙂
Thanks for putting this together! What a great list! I would love to host some authors too. I’ve set up a blog page just for that. You can find me at Suebahr.com.
Awesome Sue! Thanks for sharing and hosting fellow authors. Do you prefer YA authors, or are you open to any genre?
Yes! Ya! Although I enjoy historical romance (but save the kinds that make one blush, because, well, I blush!) Thanks again!
Thanks for the details! 🙂
Thank you for asking!
Sue, Historical Fantasy? My vampires are not as mean as Joleene’s…
Oh yes, the strangest of all genres, mixing history with the paranormal! So tricky to get it right!
cool, we could swap, then! 😀
I do an Author Wednesday feature on my website – http://www.pczick.com. I offer a list of interview questions, but personalize after reading the answers. Authors are also welcome to write a guest post to promote their books.